Sea of Change

Highlighting ILA’s New Policy Changes You Need to Know About

Justin Wolfenbarger, reporter

As ILA has changed over the past year, so have the needs of its community.

The ILA Administrative Team, which consists of ILA Academic Coordinator Natasha Austin and the Parent/Teacher Board, and ILA Meridian Campus Director Tamara McGuire continue to work diligently to put guidelines in place to help keep the community safe. These protocols have been created with ILA’s liability policy and insurance protocols along with Capital Church’s guidelines in mind in order for the program to operate.

This school year, ILA has over 465 students and is trying to meet the expectations and needs of more than 200 families. As the community has grown, so has the liability and safety measures. It is the school’s goal to create an environment where students feel safe, encouraged, and empowered to learn.

This year’s policies, compared to last year, are about growth. With the growth the student population has seen this year, ILA added more classes and teachers. The school also added a class period during school. The typical school day last year lasted from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., but this year it expanded from 8:30 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.

“We strive to add dynamic classes that give our homeschool families the unique classes they want for their students,”said Candice Bradford, one of the Meridian campus coordinators.

Some of the changes that have come to ILA this school year include new parking lot guidelines for drop-off and pickup, the high school off-campus guidelines, and an update of the lunch guidelines. These new and updated guidelines were announced and made effective in the first few weeks of the fall semester. To learn more about them, check out the latest ILA Newsletter.